Pages

Sunday, 9 February 2014

Embracing the new





A couple of posts ago here I mentioned breathing new life into an old project.


I liked the off centre log cabin blocks and the colour way but wanted to characterize the design somehow.  I'm going to separate the 'normal' blocks and add some quirkier ones among them plus brighten the quilt with yellows and pinks.  This is what I've come up with so far:
















Not sure yet how they will fit together but I'm guessing the quilt will tell me in its own sweet time!

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

I have a love afair with log cabin blocks x they are fun ,versatile and look so good when put to-gether x I am sure your blocks will "speak" to you and tell you where they want to play with the other blocks xx

Cat said...

I always enjoy seeing your quilting projects . . . the colours the shapes the design

Sorry I will miss you this weekend .. .. .. next time

Leonie said...

oooo it's looking so promising! cant wait to see it all together :)