Pages

Monday, 1 August 2011

Making a Scene


My mum taught us not to make a scene in front of others.  She used terms like ‘don’t hang your dirty washing in public’ and ‘mind your Ps and Qs’.  I often wondered what she meant.  Understanding eventually came to me the other day when I was busy creating. (You mums out there take heart – kids eventually learn from all your nagging – it just may take many years).

Wise mother predicted what my favourite pastime would be.   All along, she was teaching me that instead of venting my frustrations yelling in public I could divert that energy into Patchwork and Quilting!    

So I have been happily hanging my laundry for view and not minding my Ps and Qs.  This is how:
Selected some picture fabrics and hung them out on the line

Found various trimmings and selvedges with appropriate words to express myself

Sorted my home ready for stitching

Imagined myself carefree and in a tropical location

Disregarded mother’s warnings not to go into the woods today because there may be bears

Stopped to smell the flowers

Had plenty of tea breaks


And finally I was happy to have had my say!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's so beautiful! I love your creative process - you're a true artist.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

hmmm creativity abound in your place then, well done you - looks fabulous!